View Single Post
Old December 13, 2007, 11:02 PM   #126
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
a result of illegal, illicit narcotics.

The complexity of ill effects outlawed narcotics has on our society is almost beyond comprehension
That is an entirely incorrect statement. "...ill effects THE ABUSE of outlawed narcotics..." is a true statement. If you're going to be adamant, at least get it right. (You should REALLY have said "the illegal abuse of narcotics" to include using legal drugs in an illegal way. Next time, maybe.)

Quote:
I would only ask how many doors to crack houses have you kicked in; how many meth labs have you raided; how many pot farms have you seized, and so on.

I've done all of the above and the was culmination of preceding investigations on, gasp, this so-called unconstitutional war on drugs.
Um...it makes no sense for those of us who believe there is no Constitutional basis for these things to do them. Did you not think that statement out?

Quote:
It is obviously beyond the comprehension of said staff members who believe the "war on drugs" is unconstitutional.
That's okay. I understand it's easier to insult than persuade when you don't really have an argument. Or perhaps the argument is beyond your comprehension.

Quote:
Maybe staff members and others believe that because they have guns and some degree of training, they are not at risk from the fallout of the REAL drug war?
Actually, those of us most against this so-called war are in fact against it because we HAVE ALREADY experienced the fallout in a steady erosion of our liberties. If you haven't been aware of that erosion, you haven't been paying attention.

Quote:
those who favor and wail about legalization have rarely thought it out very far.
Allow me to counter, since you're actually approaching this from the wrong end. These substances used to be legal. Those who criminalized their use obviously didn't think it out very far.

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to opinions, but it certainly helps to base them upon well thought out fact, research and experience.
I agree. Two years ago, I got an approximate figure on how many billion the U.S. spent per year on prosecuting this so-called war, and on related expenses. I also examined the numbers of folks behind bars for solely drug-related offenses. It was easy to conclude that we could be putting genuine criminals behind bars. You know...real crooks? The ones attempting to victimize people? On the horse you're riding, you should start screaming at McDonald's next.

Quote:
Damned glad I'm a civilian now. Real damned glad.
We are also glad you are no longer an instrument of the nanny government.

John Shirley
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 8 queries