View Single Post
Old September 6, 2013, 12:09 PM   #22
Skans

Quote:
I challenge anyone who defends that trigger to actually run it in rapid fire at 5 yards.
Quote:
The M&P Shield would have had some competition if that LC9 trigger was better.
The M&P Shield is not a DAO pistol - closer to single action only striker fired gun like the glock. So, you're comparing apples to oranges when discussing triggers. Obviously any Glock-a-like or SAO pistol will be capable of firing rapid fire better than any DAO pistol, or for that matter double action revolvers. Those guns tend to be bigger, fatter, heavier and need to be holstered differently.

If you want to compare apples to apples, the LC9 is comparable to the Diamondback DB9 or the Keltec PF9. As far as I am aware, these are the only 3 pistols in the same class. The triggers on all three of these guns are similar. The DB9 is a bit shorter, but I believe heavier. The bottom line is that there is a trade-off on length of trigger pull and how hard it is to pull the trigger. The LC9 has a longer trigger pull, but mild weight compared to others. Try firing 200 rounds through an AMT 45 backup and then tell me how much you hate the LC9 trigger!

Last edited by Skans; September 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.02073 seconds with 8 queries