View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 12:19 PM   #6
deepcreek

Quote:
Thank about it, bandits choose what appears to be the weakest target. They aren't total idiots.

If giving a choice they are going to choose the elderly, the young mother, etc. not the young spry looking individual.
A pretty common statistic is that more then 50% of attacks have mutable attackers and/or weapons involved. I agree that attackers look for weaker prey but 4 guys with weapons will usually not have a problem beating down one young guy not matter how fit he is.

I think many healthy men get targeted because they are out at peak times for attacks fri-sat night you get small gangs of roving thugs who have more people to hunt on weekend nights. You also get alcohol mixed in with dog pack mentality.

Quote:
Most of my students don't fit that category, most are young mothers, middle age to elderly.

If the victim is a young mother towing a toddler, she isn't going to loose the child and drop into some sort of MA stance. She's going to pull the child behind her for cover and use a revolver/pistol to ward off the attacker, more then likely with one hand (she is still holding the child behind her body).
I think one major danger women face statistically in attacks is rape. Most people don't always have a gun for one reason or another. With out a gun I think things like choke escapes, eye gouges, groin shots, can be very valuable and effective in rape attacks. Shock, damage and escape.

Page generated in 0.03840 seconds with 8 queries