View Single Post
Old September 8, 2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Blindjim

Who makes good affordable scope mounts for CX4?

Greetings all!

I’m definitely in need of some knowledgable Scope mounting help now… please

I’ve decided finally, well almost completely but am waiting on more info from a maker, on getting one out of these four scopes to put on my Beretta CX4 carbine or my Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga… or switching it from one to the other now and then…. Maybe. The main concern is the CX4 however.

Both long guns have 1913 rails atop their recivers.

So, now I need input on choices for scope mounts for a ONE inch, or a 30MM scope mounting application. Either or.

I’m leaning towards the 1 inchers actually, but it’s gonna be one of these..
Leatherwood / Hi-Lux All Terrain ATR Buck Country 1.5-6x42mm 1in. Main Tube Riflescope
Nikon SlugHunter Riflescope 1.65 - 5x36 Matte Nikoplex 1 inch tube
Hawke Optics Eclipse 30 IR 1.5-6x44 Riflescope w/ illuminated L4 Dot 30mm tube
Hi lux Leatherwood CMR 1-4 x 24 illuminate reticle 30mm tube

the question is how tall must I go to overcome the sights of the Beretta?

My prob with the Beretta’s front and rear sights is that they are accompanied by an non removable upright to either side. They extend up, as best as I can measure 1 1/16 or 1 1/8 inches above the rails top surface and are a part of the stock/body of the rifle, as such aren’t going anywhere.

I think the CX4’s sights in general are similar in height to an AR 15 standard iron sights… if that means anything.

The CX4’s sights are open in the middle as I can flip down the aperture and peep, leaving only the twin uprights in place. I never will use the OEM sights.

The Mossberg as well is not without issues as it’s front dove tail sight is easily an inch tall and has those arching out ‘ears’ along side of the front post.

I’m thinking at bare minimum a NEDIUM tall set of rings is necessary… but again, I don’t know for sure. NOr did I see any mention of an appropriate application to the CX4 on any of the mounts I previewed online.

As noted above, the largest objective of these scopes is 44 mm, meaning it’s actual O.D. is likely 46 – 48 mm. And, I gotta get that up a goodly bit to clear the noted obstructions on each weapon.

I’m figuring “whom evers” low ring sets are probably not the ones I need, but I’m not sure how much taller I should go. Or if I should merely get a cheap “riser” (NC Star?) or adapter to raise up the level of the gun’s 1913 rail some and THEN attach “whom evers” ring/scope mount to that.

I’m looking for a simple and durable mount to put the new scope onto & off of these guns, without spending as much on them as I will on the scopes.

There has to be decent quality mounts out there for not a ton of bucks.

Suggestions?

Sure do appreciate your input as it is sorely needed.

Thanks much!
Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

.... for me, life becomes less and less shocking with every pull of the trigger.

Page generated in 0.06121 seconds with 8 queries