View Single Post
Old July 9, 2010, 03:06 PM   #62
AustinTX

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something - but isn't the gun designed to be shot? What will happen if it's taken to the range weekly? I want to be able to shoot what I carry and be comfortable with it. Is there a problem with running a few boxes through this gun 2 - 3 times a month? Does the LCP have the same issue?
I'd like to know something definitive on this as well.

According to the usually knowledgeable folks I've spoken with at my favorite LGS and my local gun range, this type of gun, by its very nature (lightweight, thin metallurgy), is not going to approach the durability of larger well-made semi-autos. One guy said that he thought an LCP would be good for somewhere around 10,000 rounds.

I hope these guns are more durable than that, but I do find this to be a somewhat reasonable claim. Just look at the width of the steel around the chamber on one of these guns. The LCP (and probably most or all of these little mouseguns) is not even rated for +P ammo, so it stands to reason that it's not going to be anywhere close to as durable as the larger semi-autos.

Last edited by AustinTX; July 9, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02239 seconds with 8 queries