View Single Post
Old April 1, 2006, 05:03 PM   #47
Dyaus

I'm fairly new to shooting and am far from good. I'm definitely not the worst person there, but have a lot of work to do to be good. I place my target no further than 7 yards and shoot very slow. I try to take my name and work on trigger pull, grip, not flinching, etc. If I put 50% or more of my shots in the center ring, I feel pretty good. I don't exactly have a tight grouping, but am pretty conistent with shooting a bit to left (except for the few bullets that really get away from me when i flinch or anticipate the shot).

I never rapid fire, but I have started working on double taps. My first shot is usually pretty decent, but my second shot is usually pretty far off and is not reallly consistent with where it goes, left, right, up down. If anyone has any tips on how to work on double tops I would love to here them. I usually only work on my double taps on my last couple of clips and just focus trying to hit the center ring. I always shoot at silhouettes, is there a better type of target I should use?

On the topic of observing others. I'm always looking at others targets and how they are shooting. The worst i've ever seen were a couple of guys that came in and starting shooting there 9mm and holding it "gangster" (sideways style) and shooting at the head of a target that was like 5 feet away and half the shots not even hitting the paper.

Page generated in 0.03585 seconds with 8 queries