View Single Post
Old February 3, 2006, 02:14 PM   #19
stephen426

Thanks for the responses guys, especially invention_45 for looking uo the actual laws. One of the ideas behind starting this thread is to get people thinking about mental preparation. Hesitation leads to delayed response times and usually bad results. You can have your radar on at full power and be fully aware of the situation but you have to be close enough to determine who poses a threat and who is simply a person minding their own business. From now on, my response will be to leave with the mace in one hand and the Surefire in the other. I would probably respond that I don't want any trouble and try to keep the potential threat in my peripheral vision as I walk away.

As for the girl I was with, She is strictly a co-worker and I am not at all interested. Besides, I am a married man and don't need those kinds of problems. By the way, my wife knew where I was and who I was with so I don't have to be worried about her shooting me for cheating on her!

Mikey,

I would not have told him to go bleep himself since there is no benefit in provoking him. My ego can handle empty threats and insults. I mentioned that I "have" a black belt in TDK but I haven't practiced in 12 years. Even so, I went to one of those schools where it seemed like Take My Dough (and give me another belt) than TKD. The instructor was very good but there were testings every 2 months and there were a lot of colored belts. Some schools only test every 6 months and it takes at least 5 years to get a black belt. I got mine in 2 and a half years. I'm willing to bet if I went against a person of equal ability but trained 5 years for a black belt, he would mop the floor with me. One other concern I had was this guy could have been a veteran with some crazy ability. He was older but he seemed pretty fit. Im not going to underestimate him. Besides, he could have had a weapon like you said. Better to just be the bigger man and walk away.

Craig,

Thanks for the advice. I will probably pack more often from now on. I still think I would not have drawn on him but it would be more reassuring to have had it.

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries