View Single Post
Old November 22, 2011, 01:19 PM   #15
Gbro

Jim,
That IS just what I did with it. After posting that i was going to put it back on E-Bay i realized that I would be a "knowing contributor to false information"!

James,
I just thought it interesting to find that JMB designed the prototype with a completely out of the ordinary trigger pull. It was to me as I was reading the patent that he had the magazine safety information but was not going to be the one to put his name on it and left a prototype that could be worked with.
I find these words to be of particular interest from the patent.
Keep in mind that I was searching for any indication of the Mag safety so I may be prejudiced in my assessment of the wording, TBS, it seemed to me that JMB knew there were going to be some changes made and was OK with what his associates were going to do.
And that there do not seem to be any patent changes made after this one to make claims to the changes was also interesting.
I base this on researching other firearms where every change was patented.

Patent No. 1,618,510 Page 8 lines, 20-31;
Quote:
It will be evident that though I have chosen a pistol as an embodiment of my improvements and for the purpose of explaining the nature of my improvements, various features of my invention may be employed independently of the rest and in hand-operated or other firearms of a different kind from which I have described herein, and that various changes in form and arrangement of the parts may be made without departing from the spirit of my invention.

Last edited by Gbro; November 22, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.02582 seconds with 8 queries