Thread: My first Pistol
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2009, 04:37 AM   #1
olmontanaboy

My first Pistol

Enter the wayback machine, 1965, I bought my first gun (I had a couple of others: Savage model 24 O/U .22x.410 and Stevens 12 ga. single shot) but they were gifts. I worked after school, saved up and bought a brass frame 1851 Navy ($29.00, I think), man she sure was cool. The guy at the gun shop sold me a brass two cavity bullet mold that cast one conical and one round ball plus a can of BP and some caps. About a week later I head down to the old gravel quarry, out of my way, Clint Eastwood has arrived. Well I load her up, as per the gun shop experts instructions, powder, loose fitting balls and caps, hotdam here I goes,,, BLAMMMMM!!!, [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color], Yeah you guessed it, chain fire. Didn't mess up the gun or me but shook me up a bit. I don't remember how many cylinders went off but I know more than one LOL. Later on I ran into a guy who set me straight on the finer points of black powder shooting and I was back in love with the Colt. Fast forward to today and I've had many types of firearms over these years, my old brass navy is long gone, I don't remember but I'm sure I traded it off. I wish I still had it, It was my first and we all know you never forget your first

Page generated in 0.02981 seconds with 8 queries