View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3
ZVP

+P ammo

I bought a box of +P Magtech Guardians to try in my Ruger vaquero in order to evaluate the difference between standard .38 Special ammo and the +P ammo.
In the heavilly built Vaquero the +P recoils considerabilly MORE than standard /38 Specials! about 40% of the recoil of a .357 Magnum in the same gun.
I wanted to try it first in the ruger before submitting my Model36 and 10 to the punishment.
I seriouslly doubt the wisdom in using +P ammo in either gun and as you said it hurts just as much! I won't be using that ammo in my guns.
Just as a sidenote, the Jacketed Guardian 125 gr bullets shot wide from the Ruger @ 25 yards. The power of the recoil was impressive as are the FPE figures and I think the +P would make a good self defense and heavy trail load for the Vaquero. I plan to also try Remingtons Golden Saber amo in the Vaquero in hopes that groups would be tighter than the Magtech ammo. The Golden Saber has a sharp edge on the hollowpoint edge I almost cut a finger while inspecting the bullets! Pretty impressive! However I gforgot to bring the Golden Saber ammo to test when I went to the range...(Murphy's Law)
Thanks for the advice!
ZVP

Page generated in 0.05957 seconds with 8 queries