View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013, 12:27 PM   #1
larryf1952

Ballpark value of 1967 "T" Series Hi Power?

A good friend of mine recently told me that he owned a "9mm pistol", but that he had not shot it for many years. I did not know that he even owned a gun, but we were discussing a recent purchase that I had made, and he mentioned this gun.

After a lunch together recently, he brought out what turned out to be a 1967 T series Browning Hi Power, fixed sights, round hammer, blue finish. Inscription on the left side of the slide reads, "Browning Arms Company St. Louis Mo. & Montreal P.Q. Made in Belgium" The gun has some minor perspiration pitting on the front and backstraps, some very minor rust "dusting" in the slide finger grooves, a spot of rust on the mag, and some very minor bluing wear at the muzzle. Grips panels are excellent. Overall, the gun is in great shape, and I'd class it as an easy 90% or 92%.

He's not mentioned that he's looking to sell it, but he gave the gun to me and asked me to clean it up. It's very dirty on the inside, but the gun is tight and mechanically sound. I've never owned a BHP, and I need another 9mm like I need a hole in the head, but I thought I might make him a reasonable offer, as he is older, no longer shoots and could use the cash. I've been doing some research on the web, and the prices that I have found for these guns seem to run anywhere between $500 and $1000, so I figured I'd ask the guys who likely have a lot more experience with BHP's than I do.

What would be a ballpark value on this gun?

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries