View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 10:57 AM   #6
WVsig

How does it shoot? It is a shooter not a collectible pistol at this point. The front and rear sights are not original to the gun. The grips as others pointed out are also aftermarket. The mag disconnect has been removed because the pin in the trigger appears not to be present. It helps that the mag you have is also German proofed to match the gun but the sight change really hurts the value. I know you did not ask about value but the sights being aftermarket leads to that topic.

One other point I would mention is that it has the internal extractor which is prone to breakage. If you shoot the pistol I would look to pick up and extra extractor. Always feed the rounds from the mag with these older BHPs because nothing will snap one of those extractors faster than loading the chamber manually. These extractors are getting hard to come by so if you find them get them. A fair price is about $50 give or take.

It originally looked like this:

Based on what I can see in this picture the serial number is 177XXXX so IIRC that would put it in 1942. :

Here is a link to some solid information. http://www.ai4fr.com/main/page_milit...y_hipower.html

Last edited by WVsig; January 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added info...

Page generated in 0.03468 seconds with 8 queries