View Single Post
Old March 9, 2012, 05:58 PM   #35
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I can get philosophical with this, but I won't. A man in anger isn't inherently evil, he didn't leave the house with the intention to be an evil man that day. He got angry, lost his control, and acted like a kid throwing a tantrum. If you have never been angry and wanted to hit someone, you're lying. I understand control, and I'm sure he did too, but everyone slips. He didn't deserve to die for it.
He didn't deserve to die for it? Well gosh, he should have thought of that before trying to harm somebody much smaller than he was, huh? The ironic thing was he undoubtedly thought Darling an easy target. Darling didn't deserve to be attacked by the person who crashed into him from behind, did he?

What Welton did or did not deserve out of life changed markedly when he violent attacked Darling, beating him to the ground, and continuing to press on the assault. He could have stopped at any time from before making the first threat, throwing the first punch, but he didn't.

A sampling of the internet, lots of people engaged in criminal acts and threatening or using force and/or lethal force to attempt to cause serious bodily harm or death all have believers that say that the deceased didn't deserve to die. Committing criminal acts involving such violence and the threat of violence and lethal force is a very high risk endeavor. Those engaging in those activities may not 'deserve' to die for them as you suggest, but voluntarily give up what they deserve when they commit their violent acts.

Quote:
Getting road rage and starting a fist fight does not equate evil. It equates stupidity. Getting road rage and taking a gun out to kill the other guy is evil. Huge difference.
Yep, the difference is huge. The difference is that if you are the one attempting to do serious bodily harm to another person illegaly and get caught or killed in the event, you or your loved ones explain it away as having attempted to do something stupid. When you are the intended viction, the person apparently trying to alter your anatomy or cease your life is evil or is doing evil.

Quote:
Resorting to violence without justification seems inherently evil to my simple mind.
It certainly isn't the act of goodness, is it? Welton was not performing the role of a good samaritan trying to help out Darling and his family after he crashed into to them, was he? So yeah, violence without justification certainly does seem evil, especially if you are the one the violence is directed towards.

Page generated in 0.02707 seconds with 8 queries