Thread: .243 for bear
View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 08:33 PM   #19
reoader22

i pack my 243 while deer hunting and that is probobly why i have shot bears with it i have lots of different guns to use but i like my 243 and every bear i have shot with it mind you they have been good shots has dropped in its tracks just rigged them and i hear people alot bashing a 243 saying its a gopher gun and really its got enough power to kill moose because i have killed moose with it 2. i wouldnt hesitate hunting bears with a 243. in thick cover with only maybe 20 yard shots at the max i dont think id wanna even use a 338. this fall a friend and i went out deer hunting we both had bear tags i had my 243 he had his 338 win mag lol for deer hunting anywase we came across a bear at about 200 yards in a cut block perfect broadside side shot he said he wanted to shoot it. he in the past hasnt been a verry good shot with that rifle for whatever reason, put the crosshairs on that bear and i figured he wouldnt hit it so i put up my 243 loaded with nosler ballistic tip imr 4064 at 38 gr on the bear his rifle went off the bear looked up from feeding and starter runing i shot that bear at a full run and hit it through the heart it folded up so fast it allmost did a front flip. he missed completely with his 338

Page generated in 0.03472 seconds with 8 queries