Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011, 05:53 PM   #13
BigJimP

I'm not saying to discount what single6 is saying ...about the two guns in his dept that failed ...but in my experience, the springs and everything else in a Sig ....trigger bar spring included ....are well built parts ...and I've never seen one fail.

I have five Sigs in my gun collection - ( a pair of 226's one in 9mm and one in .40S&W / a pair of 239's one in 9mm and one in .40S&W ) and a Sig X-Five in .40S&W ...and they all have many thousands of rounds thru them ...and I've never had a trigger bar spring fail ...or any other spring in them fail / or had anyone I know that shoots Sigs as a primary gun - have one fail. I don't shoot them as primary guns - my primary guns are all 1911's .../but the Sigs all get a workout from my grandkids and their buddies especially.

My local range rents a lot of different guns - and I know they say the Sig rental guns ( 220's, 226's, 229's, 239's etc ) all seem to hold up real well - and they don't clean them often - or fuss too much with the rental guns...

and any gun can fail / made by anyone ...at any time ...its just a mechanical beast ...but if I wanted to carry any of my Sig's ...reliability would be the last thing that would concern me. MY personal philosophy is that any gun should be stripped to a bare frame at least once a year - if its been fired at all ....just to do some preventative maintenance on it / check for worn parts. Now its very hard to tell if a spring is wearing ...they just break / but most gun mfg's have a recommened replacement frequency on springs in their guns ...and I don't recall the trigger bar spring being recommended for replacement vs maybe at 250,000 rds you should send it to a "Sig Armorer" to have the gun checked ...or if it starts mis-behaving...

Page generated in 0.02910 seconds with 8 queries