View Single Post
Old April 19, 2010, 03:49 AM   #4
Doc Hoy

I think so

I have been casually following the prices of ROAs over the last four months or so. I think that I have detected a decline in the final prices of auctions on GB. I think the decline began before I started checking it.

I have not followed every auction nor have I subjected any data to statistical analysis. Just a casual observation. Many auctions which start low are ended at less than 400.00. And many others which start at over 500.00 don't sell at all. The Stainless short barrel fixed sight seems to have retained its desirability.

I have not paid as much attention to the selling price or success of sail of other revolvers but I would not surprised to learn that all prices are down.

Economy? There may be a lesson in this. The economy has bottomed and is beginning to rebound. That may result in an increase in auction prices in the next year to eighteen months. The lesson is; If you want one, now may be the time to spring. If you have one to sell, hang onto it.

Take Mykeal's unflinching advice. Get an agreement to examine the pistol with the ability to return it.

Page generated in 0.03233 seconds with 8 queries