View Single Post
Old August 5, 2006, 06:38 PM   #1
dairycreek

What do you expect from a craftsman?

I just got off the phone with a craftsman from whom I ordered a holster some weeks ago. I am somewhat "steamed" and want to ask all of you some questions about your expectations of internet craftsman, in this case a holster maker. Although I am irritated I am going to some lengths here to be general in my remarks because, in no way, is it my intent to identify anyone specifically.

When I ordered the holster the craftsman assured me that the holster would arrive in X to Y weeks which was okay with me. I noted that my credit card was billed as soon as he got the order! Well the X to Y week period has come and gone so, today, I phoned him. He said that he had been fishing and had fallen behind in his orders, apologized, and assured me that the holster would be here next week. We'll see. But, the situation raised some questions in my mind. When you order a holster from a craftsman on the internet what are your expectations? Mine are simple. I expect a quality item, for the agreed upon price, in the time specified. I also expect that billing my credit card will take place upon shipping - not before. If, for any reason, the delivery date can't be met I expect an email informing me of such. Those are my expectations! What are yours?

What are your expectations when doing business with internet craftsman?

GOOD SHOOTING

Page generated in 0.05528 seconds with 8 queries