View Single Post
Old December 22, 2019, 07:41 PM   #19
dogtown tom

Quote:
Cheapshooter
Quote:
Quote:
so I want as hot ( within safety specs ) a ball ammo as I can get ( within safety specs ) a ball ammo as I can get
Not wrong in the least according to the request of the OP
1. OP asked: Who makes the hottest .380 ball?, that you dismissed as "Nobody"........which is clearly incorrect and not the least bit helpful.
2. "Safety specs"? As I wrote above there are several "safety specs" for ammunition....SAAMI is just one. Apparently Buffalo Bore is satisfied with their own safety specs.

Quote:
Boutique hucksters with heir hopped up rounds may not go by SAAMI standards, but they are the accepted standard for the industry.
Wrong again.
SAAMI specs are used by most US ammunition manufacturers, but clearly the REST OF THE WORLD may not. CIP is as much an "accepted standard for the industry" as is SAAMI. So is NATO EPVAT and US military SCATP......and all three exceed SAAMI specs. That doesn't make them unsafe.

Quote:
The "hot load" boys, cateringbo people who bought a gun in what they were then told by others was too weak for SD, may be just loading ammo to the very top limit of the standard. While the reputable manufacturers build in a little cushion.
Did you ever stop for a minute and think why SAAMI hasn't adopted standards for +P loading in .25acp/.32acp/.380acp?
It isn't because of disappointed gun buyers, but about avoiding lawsuits from some nitwit trying to run overpressure ammunition through a pistol not designed to handle it.
A Bayard from 1908 or Remington 51 from 1918 doesn't handled stout ammo the same way a Colt Mustang or Star S would. Not to mention potmetal junk handguns from the 1930's.

Quote:
Or they are loading ammo hotter than the industry accepted standard for tjose who want to try making a 9MM Luger out of a 380acp becaused they have been conned into believing the 380 they bought is inadequate for self defense.
Dude, it's not just .380 pistol owners looking for the hottest ammo......9mm+P+ wouldn't exist if it were. And I don't think its about "making a 9MM Luger out of a 380acp" but finding the most effective loading for the platform they already own. If I carried a .380 every day you can be sure it won't be WW White box 88fmj for a number of reasons.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 8 queries