View Single Post
Old November 26, 2019, 05:36 PM   #37
corneileous

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426 View Post
corneileous,

The long heavy pull of a DA trigger will not prevent an accidental discharge. I know because I had one when I was younger and less experienced than I believed. I heard a noise outside and went to check it out (I know, stupid on my part. We already covered that). I arrogantly felt that I could keep my finger on the trigger because of the DA trigger pull and my frequent range trips. I heard a loud bang (car back firing?) and I instinctively flinched. I went through the long 12 lb. trigger like nothing and the only thing that saved me was muzzle discipline. I had the gun at low ready and hit the ground about 6 feet in front of me. Would the same thing have happened with a Glock or just about any gun (with the manual safety off)? Certainly. Lesson learned? Keep your finger off the trigger till you are ready to shoot!
I never said it would. You were the one who said that. I probably should have thought to say it outright but what I was implying was that it’s a lot harder to do with a DA/SA gun.

I dunno, I wasn’t there to witness what happened but if you would’ve pressed your thumb tightly against that hammer, your gun might not have gone off. That’s pretty much my whole point. Yes, that longer, twice as hard pull of the trigger makes it a little bit more resistant than the 6 pound pull of a Glock 43 but it’s not going to stop it entirely. It’s just coupled with the more resistance and being able to ride the hammer. You could even put one of those striker control devices on that Glock of yours and accomplish almost the same thing.

Quote:
I know you are probably thinking accidental discharges where the trigger gets snagged while holstering. If the long DA trigger gets snagged, it can still go off. Glocks can be taken slightly out of battery to prevent the gun from going off when holstering. Is it somewhat cumbersome? Maybe.
I was. Holstering is where a lot of uh oh moments occur.

But what do you mean when you say Glocks can be taken slightly out of battery? Are you talking about intentionally racking the slide back a little bit before holstering?

As I said in my last paragraph, you could get you a striker control device and you wouldn’t have to take your gun out of battery at any level.

Quote:
My main concern is hitting what I am aiming for if ai ever need to use my gun in self defense. I did not feel comfortable doing that even with regular shooting so I switched to the Glock.
I can understand that. Hammer fired guns aren’t for everybody just like how revolvers aren’t for everybody and striker fired guns aren’t for ever as well. Just be glad that there’s plenty to choose from for our own needs.

But lemmie tell ya, I used to feel the same way until I started practicing that first DA shot. Before I got the other two of my storms and my new XDE, I would always make it a habit to cock the hammer first before I shot my first Storm because like you, I didn’t care for it. But after extensive practice and realizing the benefit of a Da pistol, it all made better sense to me and why I started practicing with it.

Now it’s why all my handguns have an external hammer and why I’ll probably never go back to the other.

And probably the only time I’d ever own a Glock was if it had one of these-
https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/pr...control-device

Quote:
At least we agree that we should carry what works for us personally.

Well, it’s not that we necessarily agree, it’s more about what pertains to you doesn’t pertain to me just like how what pertains to me doesn’t pertain to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page generated in 0.02354 seconds with 8 queries