View Single Post
Old January 9, 2019, 11:35 AM   #42
kilotanker22

In Pennsylvania we have a group of laws designed to protect individuals and provide guidance for court/ law enforcement. The Castle doctrine law, and stand your ground law in Pennsylvania are there for this purpose.

However, in order to determine whether the shooting was justified or not.. (when its a human target.) There needs to be an investigation. There have been cases where Someone defended their home from an intruder and they were never arrested or had their weapons confiscated. Much of that depends on the officer's understanding of what happened. It is basically at his discretion. In most cases the firearm is returned when charges are dropped. If someone invades your dwelling, and means harm to you. Or is reasonably suspected to mean harm to you or your family. You are covered by PA law. They don't have to attack you.

Also as far as animals go the same applies. Obviously animal life is not held to the same eminence as human life, but you do need to show discretion. even without a firearm you can be charged with a crime.

When I was 17 I was walking down the street in my home town in late afternoon. A german shepard came right out of his yard and bit into my leg. He bit me hard enough for several of his teeth to make it to the bone in my leg.. I punched that dog square in the head. He let go of my leg and was going to attack me again. I reared back and kicked that dog just as hard as I could in the ribs. Presumably breaking some of his ribs. The dog yelped, walked back into his yard and died right there.

The dog's owner went bat poop crazy and called the police. I waited there for the officer to come. He asked her what happened and asked me what happened. I explained the situation and he said that he felt as though I was justified in killing that animal.

The lady was angry and tried to have me arrested and complained to the cop for not doing his job after I killed her BABY.... The officer told me I was free to go, And told her to if she didn't want to have dogs that were friendly that it was best to keep them on a leash.

Even Police get put on suspension and have to hand in their weapon after shooting a suspect. A few years ago the local policeman responded to a domestic call. There was a man going out of his gord and was going to kill his girlfriend. The officer shot him dead.

From what I understand, the officer was suspended pending an investigation and some counseling.... He was returned to duty sometime later and his pistol was returned. I ran into him about a year later at a gun shop when I was looking for a new carry gun. I saw he was carrying a S&W MP and asked him how he felt about it as a carry weapon. He said... "It saved my life last year."

In my particular area, you may not be arrested or have your firearm confiscated. Its pretty rural where I live. I would always assume that if its a human life you take. You will be arrested and you will have your firearm confiscated. However that is not the case every single time

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries