View Single Post
Old March 29, 2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Nathan

Thanks RLC. I totally agree that RCBS is great stuff, but I would have rather see them rebox the Rockchucker kit as "tactical" than that.

The point of the OP was that this is the last thing I need for serious AR ammo production. Serious being >500 rounds to me in a single lot.

BTW, there is nothing tactical about reloading. You are basically a chemist working with dangerous combinations of materials and processes. You need to maintain a clean environment, a perfectly calibrated scale and a good process flow.

As a manufacturing engineer, I would never turn employees loose with hobby presses to make production ammo. You would end up with a mess that even the lawyers would have trouble sorting out! Basically, I'm saying take it slow, careful and really know what you are doing before you do it. Also, take meticulous notes so you do not repeat your errors. Label everything. I label my press with settings, what primers it is loaded with, what powder is in the hopper. I only allow myself 1 powder bottle and 1 primer package on the table at a time. blah. . .blah. . .blah. If you want to hear the rest, PM me as it is off topic.

Page generated in 0.03558 seconds with 8 queries