View Single Post
Old November 7, 2009, 01:24 AM   #18
smleno1mkIII

Minute of Nazi I love It lol.

To true the Russian favored mass attack so individual marksmanship was not that important to them hit a human body at 150 yard was probably all they were asking for the Russian mosin nagant rifle was designed quantity way over quality the tool bit that bored out the barrels would be used from about .310 diameter till it hit close to .317 before they would change it with a new one so as not to wast the bit. Now the bullet in a 7.62 round is .311 talk about throwing a hotdog down a hallway lol. Now a the finns were totally different when the Finnish white guards kicked the commies out of Finland in 1917 after the Russian revolution they were all using the Russian m91 which they liked but after time they got worn out so what they did was reused the old russki m91 action modified the trigger made there own stock that would fit there needs and most importantly had new barrels made some in Switzerland now they also changed there ammunition the dt166 round the case was pretty much the same but it used a .3095 diameter bullet the early finn rifles pre m39 had .3085 diameter barrels but when the m39 cam out they switched to .310 so they could use captured ammo and there own they were also not so stingy on the machine bit for drilling out the rifling of the barrel.they were also obsessed with accuracy all there rifles had to shoot at least 2 moa or it was considered unfit for service and sent to be fixed most Finnish solders were also experienced outdoorsmen. so with russian nagants give them a good once over definitely don't buy it if its counter bored look down the barrel bring a bore snake with you if its horribly pitted or the hole in the end of the barrel just looks big for some reason don't buy it these are good was to look for a good rusky mosin I've had five 91/30's an m38 and an m38 and all turned out great except one of the 91/30's had a bore that slugged .315 but it turned out to be a very rare date and configuration at least according to 7.62x54r mosin i cant remember the site but its a 1941 dated tula on a 1941 dated ishtveck high wall receiver they said there's only three examples confirmed buy collectors well I have a fourth

Last edited by smleno1mkIII; November 7, 2009 at 01:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.02710 seconds with 8 queries