View Single Post
Old August 14, 2009, 12:20 AM   #86
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Antipitas

You ask:
Quote:
How do guns, combined with the displayed message, apply to that particular meeting event?
I sounds to me that you answered your own question earlier in the same post:
Quote:
What was this town hall meeting about? Did it have anything whatsoever to do with any specific right, we possess? Or was the event about another power-grab by the Feds? <-- That could be the basis for a display of guns. I just happen to think it isn't time... yet.
Emphasis by AZAK

Apparently someone else disagrees with your "sense of timing"; as is his right.

A law abiding citizen chose to exercise several of his rights, as secured to him by TBofR. Was he there for health care primarily?

It does not matter. His right to vocalize his opinions on health care, the budget, and parakeets are all protected by the 1st Amendment. His right to carry openly are protected by the 2nd Amendment; also in this case also by the state, and the private property owner.

You may disagree with his sign/message at this time and locale; your right under the 1st Amendment to vocalize this. You may disagree vocally about his choice of open carry at this locale at that time; also your right under the 1st Amendment.

However, The Bill of Rights has suffered a bit of erosion in recent times, and exercising these rights is one manner of attempting to preserve them.

Now, go figure...

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries