View Single Post
Old March 20, 2017, 11:38 AM   #3
digginupbones

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look and see what I can find for replacement barrels.. My reasoning for the .920 barrel was more because that's what the rifles that I've been interested in have from the factory (I'm not a fan of the 10/22's with the barre/stock band). I wouldn't mind a thinner barrel as I doubt that I would see much of a difference, but I figured being that it already had a .920, it might be pretty goofy with a thinner profile barrel. But you do have a point about simply purchasing a replacement barrel that's already threaded, or a take off from another 10/22. That way I could leave the factory barrel the way it is, should I ever want to revert it back for whatever reason, maybe should I decide to sell it and go with another 10/22.

And I didn't think about the 22/45 Lite being too light, but that makes sense.. I mean, I'm sure it'll be better with a can on there, but the can that I'm getting isn't the biggest thing. I think I'll take a look at the other 22/45's, maybe a target model. Maybe even a Browning Buckmark or a Walther P22. But I'm not at all familiar with the Buckmarks and I've seen some of the P22's not perform and cycle as well suppressed. At least not as well as the 22/45's and such with the fixed barrel. The P22's seem to be more particular about which ammo you feed them. I've seen some have issues with certain sub-sonic rounds. So.... But who knows. There's still plenty of time for the pistol. I think I'll get the rifle for it first. Though, I don't plan on purchasing one or having one ordered until I get the stamp and can pick up the can. I'm quite superstitious in that manner. While I know there's nothing that would prevent me from being approved, it still nags at the back of my mind that if I prepare for something too much, it might not happen for whatever reason. Lost paperwork or what have you.

Have you had experience with those Ruger 10/22 Takedown models? I know they come with a threaded barrel, and the model with the hogue stock is pretty nice. But I was never too sure about the guns accuracy because of the way the scope mounts to the rear portion of the gun, and the bullet, well, travels through and exits the other piece. I haven't had any hands on experience with them so I don't know how rigid they are.

Page generated in 0.02894 seconds with 8 queries