View Single Post
Old September 25, 2000, 05:52 PM   #12
MTAA

This thread is guaranteed to be at least 40-50 posts with many, minor arguments.

Here's the deal, I don't have a family or anyone other than myself to protect, with that in mind, I have less to lose by engaging in physical combat. If you are concerned about protecting your family I wouldn't worry so much about Hand to Hand combat, I would focus on handgun training through a suitable course.

There are martial arts styles which incorporate handguns/knives/shovels ect., my favorite being Krav Maga, and that would give you much more of an edge than any strictly striking/grappling martial art. Remember, even if you are Bruce Lee's bigger meaner brother, supposing you win a fight against three or four guys, odds are Daddy is going home with a broken arm, a fish hooked eye, brain damage, blood loss, ect. You don't want to compromise when it's your kids and your wife. Carry a gun, stay in shape, and if at all possible (Where do you live ?) find a martial art course which focuses on survival at any and all costs.

P.S., One last thing, considering you are a father, I am assuming you are no spring chicken. Life isn't the Tough Man Competition, so if I were you I would shy away from stiking arts that emphasize force on force.

Page generated in 0.03307 seconds with 8 queries