View Single Post
Old December 15, 2017, 03:31 PM   #45
briandg

In a four inch barrel, loaded to near maximum, behind the 100 grain bullet, since these three conditions will help the powder to burn as efficiently as it possibly can, I don't think that it will perform poorly for you. It may or may not give best performance compared to a quicker powder, that is probably going to depend on each individual gun and load.

#5 works very well in .38, I think it worked well in my 9mm. Hs6, a close cousin of 5, created butt kicking 9 mm loads.

It's just hard to say. A heavier bullet creating more backpressure, a larger charge in a larger case, that may be what it takes to make that powder work, making the 9 a suitable application for it. Can the .380 work? Well, sure, it's going to fire and work well, as well as some other powders, but maybe not up to your personal standards. Good luck.

If I didn't mention it before, as I fired testing rounds from my lcp, I kept finding smeared black spots on my targets, all the way out to 25-30 feet. I thought that it was the lead bullets peeling off, but later, I looked them over carefully with my magnified reading glasses, and actually found grains of unburned powder punched into the paper. That was a real surprise. I wish that I had kept the targets.

I'm very interested in your results. When I tried this, I was really hoping that it would work, as it would hopefully give a stronger push on the slide, improving functioning. It sounded like a good idea, and since I already had the powder I gave it a shot. I've always been partial to accurate products.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries