View Single Post
Old June 16, 2011, 01:40 PM   #14
BigJimP

Thanks.

Browning makes a real solid gun / and a lot of gun for the money ...the models I shoot are the Citori, XS Skeet model, 30" barrels, with the adj comb. You won't find them in 28ga or .410 ...except as special orders ..and then the 28ga and .410 are built on the 20ga receiver - and the barrels are modified of course.

But here is a link to the model at Browning...

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...-comb-firearms

Browning makes about 26 different models, withing their Citori line of guns, and it gets confusing. But the XS Skeet, with the adj comb, is a gun that will fit 99.9% of shooters in my opinion. List is $ 3,400 but in my area they are selling new for around $3,000 ....and there are a lot of them around used / but they're very popular for "general shooting" - not just as a "Skeet" gun. But marketing dept names are just opinions - you can shoot Trap with a skeet gun ...or whatever .../ there are some design issues / and point of impact issues on some models ...but the XS Skeet or XS Special are very versatile models ( but I favor the XS Skeet / I like the finish better).

Nothing wrong with the Benelli M-2 - but its configured more as a field gun - than a target gun / but its not a bad option. The M-4, in my opinion, is a poor option - not a poor gun / but its a "tactical gun" for "fighting" vs targets or general shotgunning.

Benelli is making a dozen or so different models - so you need to read and study more on them as well. Beretta owns Benelli now ....and Franchi, Stoeger, etc ....but the inertia systems used in Benelli are different than the Franchi and Stoeger lines ...and Franchi and Stoeger have very mixed reviews ( but they are cheaper ) - and I hear in gun stores all the time ---oh, they're the same ( no, they're not ...) ...

The Super Sport is Benellis intended "target gun" .../ but I use it for bird hunting too ...and as a travel gun / bad weather gun ...kind of does everything pretty well ...and skeet and trap and sporting clays / when I don't want to carry 4 or 5 guns on a trip.

And no matter what - have fun with your search and this process.

Page generated in 0.02999 seconds with 8 queries