Thread: Dog Defense?
View Single Post
Old January 21, 2012, 03:01 PM   #63
garryc

Three times.

One while walking down the road after hunting with my 357 for woodchucks. Three dogs came down from a barn, the farmer was on the porch watching. I bet he thought it funny. I pulled out the 357 and loaded it. He yelled, "You better not shoot them dogs!" I yelled back, "You better call them off!" He didn't. One was a big shepherd that came at me with teeth snarled and growling. 357 took care of that, the farmer never left the porch.

The second time I was in a ditch about waist deep cutting roots with an axe. I heard the other guys yell, "Garry, look out!" I turn and see this big dog coming at me. I hit it across the back with that axe and severed its spine.

The third time was on my parents property. The guy across the street had a pit/chow mix. He would let it run loose and chase people. It had run my sick mother into the house, that almost killed her. I told him if I saw that dog on my property again I would kill it on sight. Some time later I was walking up from the creek. I had my Super Blackhawk on me. Here came this dog right at me. I shot that piece of crap, and then realized the neighbor was watching. He got cited for his loose dog after he called the sheriff.

I won't give a person that is going to attack me any quarter, why would I do it for someones viscous dog. If I perceive that I'm about to be attacked I kill it, no questions asked or hesitation taken.

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries