Thread: Ruger AC 556
View Single Post
Old December 7, 2010, 10:21 AM   #38
Skans

My AC556 3 round burst works flawlessly - but I find that I can control the rate of fire and no longer use that feature as much. Parts availability is a problem, but barrels are not - there are good aftermarket barrels available for these guns. Some Mini-14 parts will interchange, but not the fire control parts. Stocks are not really a problem either - the SCAR stock needs no modification to fit the AC556 and can be configured just about any way you'd like - it ain't cheap, though.

The FNC has the same, if not a greater problem of parts availability....plus barrels are not readily available either. FNC barrels are about the same diameter as the AC556 barrles, but I'd agree, they appear to be better made. Furthermore, they cost about $1,000+ dollars more than the AC556.

The AR15 SP1's modified for an auto sear are way more expensive than the FNC or AC556 - I think they are over $12,000, but I haven't priced them lately. Same goes for registered DIAS's. I'm not a big fan of the lightning links, but I think even they go for about $7,000+.

The AC556 works just fine on wolf ammo, which is cheap - I haven't broken any parts or gummed up any barrels using wolf ammo.

The AC556 was a bargain when Ruger supported this rifle. Lack of support does make it less of a bargain and this will keep prices down somewhat on these guns in the long run.

Page generated in 0.02540 seconds with 8 queries