View Single Post
Old June 18, 2008, 08:29 AM   #5
samsmix

Okay, I was speaking a bit too broadly in the interest of brevity.

You have made a few good points Playboy, like the difference between an actual residence and a mall. And yes if the rule you are breaking is not posted at every entrance, the staff must explain it to you and make the appropriate request in person.

Actually, those rules are posted at every entrance to the mall I work in. Of course some establishments may not do this.

As to the Sam Goody thing, I won't dispute that it went down that way, but it did not have to. I have a SG store where I work, but they are a tenant. I do not represent Sam Goody, and they do not represent my client (the mall). It is more of a tenant/landlord arangement. If the tenant wants you to leave, he should not be calling security over it, unless you are disruptive or violent. Now, just because Joe Manager @ SG says "Get yer filthy beverage carryin' carcass outta my store", that does not mean you are banned from the whole mall, unless you break the (clearly posted) code of conduct. Now if the SG manager told you to leave, and THEN you refused to leave, he could call me, and then call police. Personally & professionally I am gonna do exactly nothing but observe unless you get violent. Local PD will trespass you from the property when they arrive, and only then will you be detained if you refuse to leave. The police will ask Joe if he wants you trespassed and if Joe says "yes", that's it. You may no longer enter that SG location. He will then ask if I want you trespassed from the whole mall, and under this circumstance I would probably either say "no" or "Just for today". You may now shop in my mall, but not in Joe's Sam Goody.

And I am sure that all of this varies by state, county or even city.

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
howcome God made 'em outta meat?

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 8 queries