View Single Post
Old November 14, 2013, 02:04 AM   #11
Metal god

Quote:
All else being equal it does. There are other differences in the two cartridges, the main one being the throat length which can have a significant effect on pressure.
My books ( Sierra , Hornady ) Sierra is loading with the same components and Hornady has different brass and maybe primers but both books say the 223 gets the same or heavier charges then the NATO round . With the NATO throat being longer I would have thought the NATO round would be able to take the heavier charge .

I'm not implying anything just looking at the numbers and want to understand . That's why I was asking if it's all about the twist and if that increases or decreases pressure . Maybe factory NATO ammo is hotter then what the books recommend to load .

Your right kraigwy I have all kinds of questions and or statements and I see how this thread would get derailed very fast . Sorry I'll stop

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; November 14, 2013 at 02:23 AM.

Page generated in 0.03007 seconds with 8 queries