View Single Post
Old January 2, 2020, 12:30 AM   #1
Metal god

Does this bug you as much as it does me ?

Got this upper the other day for a iron sights only build I wanted . Tried a cheep sight real quick on it the other day ( first time out ) and it needed to be way over to the left to be dead on at 50yds ( I like the 50/200yd zero) . I figured it was the cheep UTG sight so when I got my battle sight in I thought all would be good . WRONG

That pic is 10+ clicks to the left off center which bugs the hell out of me . Eye balling it , it appears to be off center to the flat top which would indicate the front sight base ( F-marked ) is canted ????

I only was able to shoot at 50yards but I'm assuming since the front on rear sight don't line up with the bore . At 300+ and maybe 200 yards my POI is going to be off horizontally and get worse the farther out I shoot ?

This is a dissipatar upper which means mid length gas system with a rifle length handguard and front sight base on a 16" barrel . The front sight appears to be pinned in like a normal one would be ( no set screws ) . I've only removed one front sight like this and reinstalled and it lined back up perfectly with no real effort . At the time I just assumed how the pins engage the slots in the barrel it self aligns ???

My question is , Is that accurate or can I tap the pins back a bit and re-align the front sight to center it up then tap the pins back in ??

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02150 seconds with 8 queries