View Single Post
Old September 17, 2012, 12:16 PM   #13
Jbotto

Quote:
Some of you commented that I was using bullets designed for varmints in my previous post. What makes you think that they were varmint bullets? Was it the weight (55 grains, which is heavier than some of the Barnes that are designed for whitetail hunting), was it the manufacturer (Midway Dogtown), or something else?

I'm not trying to be a smartaXX, but they are spire pointed lead tipped bullets which in no way to me indicate that they were designed for varmints. They look exactly like Remington core-lokt or Winchester PP bullets and the description does not say they are for varmint hunting, unlike V-max or Varmint Grenades which clearly states that that is all they should be used for.
The "look" of a bullet doesn't speak of it's structural integrity, jacket thickness, or intended purpose. I expect the Midway Dogtown bullet to be useful on small targets rather than large game. I guess I got to that conclusion via the "Dogtown" name, which would imply that it be used for a affordable option for a bullet to shoot prairie dogs with.

Page generated in 0.02557 seconds with 8 queries