Thread: Real Danger.
View Single Post
Old September 12, 2012, 08:39 AM   #12
RedBowTies88

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a lot of posts on the forum the threat of violence how many guns they keep in the house for use against perceived threats. Some times i think some get a bit carried away threat and how to deal with it. Where i live there is and was real reason to feel threatened. Yet i never heard the sort of some would say over the top concern about getting attacked ect here.

If some on the forum are that concerned about being attacked in America how would they have survived here. Most civilians were not allowed to carry firearms.

Some will say they wold leave. Lets say due to your circumstances you could not leave. Would you be nerves wrecks.

Some stats below remember the population in N Ireland is around two million.
The situation you're describing isn't unique to eurpoe believe it or not there are parts of "america" (and I use that term loosely) where you also cannot carry a weapon to protect yourself and your family.

Am i concerned about being attacked? Hell yes. Thats like the goverment issuing shirts for everyone to wear that says "Hey! Rob me, I can't carry a gun/knife/knuckles/pellet rifle/slingshot to even hope to protect myself with!"

Now that I've seen the light of the real america and been able to carry in other states I feel even less protected at home. The deminor and actions of people are entirely different in other states where the law abiding citizens can protect themselves.

Take Camdem and Philadelphia for instance. Its the same city that just happens to cross over state lines and a river. The philadelphia side is much larger and has a lot more people...yet the violent crime rate is DRASTICALLY lower then Camden. Take a walk through camden...the scumbags and gangbangers walk around like they own the place (becuase they do) they yell at people, try to intise fights, show no worry for anyone challenging them. Now philly on the other hand... sure there's a lot of dirtbags but for the most part they leave you the hell alone...why? Becuase they don't wanna look down the barrel of a gun and they KNOW that's a real possibility.

Page generated in 0.02529 seconds with 8 queries