View Single Post
Old February 25, 2014, 10:46 PM   #9
SHE3PDOG

Reliability is almost a non-issue with modern firearms (not always), but it is totally ridiculous to say that higher price ranges don't get you more. If all you are worried about is sending rounds down range with decent mechanical accuracy, then get whatever you want. With the higher price range, you generally get better triggers, tighter fits, increased accuracy at distance, and sometimes better durability.

There is a point of diminishing returns, but where that point is varies for everyone. Also, I wouldn't go as far as saying that guns that are only 50 or 100 bucks more are actually nicer, but a general price range can generally be set as a standard for quality.

There was a thread here not too long ago that asked if HK's are really worth the money. A lot of people, including me, think they are, but a lot of people think they are overpriced and no better than a Glock. People say the same thing about Sigs and higher end 1911's too.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of cheaper guns, and I absolutely love my Glocks, but they aren't even in the same ball park as some more expensive guns. You do get what you pay for for the most part.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms

Page generated in 0.03183 seconds with 8 queries