View Single Post
Old November 17, 2013, 09:40 AM   #65
grizz223

Salmoneye

I don't understand your hostility towards my profession. I don't know you and life experience but. I risk my life for people like you every day. I go where you did not want to go to do things you do not want to do. If you think that I do that for a paycheck you are wrong I could make more money doing other things. I want to help people and make a difference. Now having said all that if you think that we as law enforcement officers are not held to a higher standard you are very wrong. The Officers of the NYPD are very lucky that they have a very strong union. By comparison if that same thing happened in Florida. I can guarantee you that even though the Officer would be found not guilty of negligence. Most departments down here would fire him or her because of liability. I have seen Deputy's get hurt or fired because they are more afraid of getting fired than doing what is necessary when the time comes. I just want you to know that it is necessary for us to have some peace of mind that if I'm doing my job to the best of my ability that I won't end up broke or in jail because of a decision I made in a split second. As stated by several other posters I have a duty to act if I do not I will be fired and then I am liable for dereliction of duty. I do not want to have any issues with you but just wanted you to understand the other side of this from my point of view.

Page generated in 0.02373 seconds with 8 queries