View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 09:42 AM   #25
DAVID NANCARROW

I have a Stony point gauge, now marketed by Hornady with the modified case for my rifle. I don't know how much better or even if I should take a fired case from my rifle and drilled/tap it to use in place of the factory part.

I had been using the Lee collet die and calling it good, but after a few firings on a new case, you can tell that the case needs to have the shoulder just slightly set back as I can feel some resistance to chambering a reloaded round.

Id prefer to keep the shell as close to fired chamber dimensions as possible with the exception of the case neck for obvious reasons, but wont running the case into a full length resizer just enough to push the shoulder back also resize at least part of the case body? Or am I worrying about something I don't need to be worrying about?

The platform Im shooting off of is an older Remington VS in 308 so I don't have a belt to contend with, and when Im in practice, it will shoot groups of about 1/4 inch with the ammo it likes at 100 yards. I probably cant get much better than that because the rifle is completely stock-but Id rather not wear the bolt lugs out prematurely.

Page generated in 0.03015 seconds with 8 queries