View Single Post
Old July 16, 2012, 11:30 AM   #3
kraigwy

Tells me I need to get into the ammo business.

I was a range officer on my department who started transitioning to semis shortly before I retired.

I saw the problem starting to crop up then. Depending on multi capacity mags instead of fundamentals of marksmanship.

I noticed those who stuck with their revolvers (and six rounds) tended to have better scores on qualifications.

I mean, why take the effort to get hits if you can spray down the area with high cap mags.

It doesn't help with todays combat or action type completions. Look at Steel Matches for example. Its about time, not hits. In these type matches they only add a tiny penalty for misses..........you get nailed more for not shooting.

There is no consideration give to where all those extra (missed) shots are going. Not a problem on a pistol range, but could be a huge problem on the street.

No thanks, If for some weird reason I was to get back into LE, I'd stick with the revolver and learn to shoot.

Quote:
The SWAT trained officer
Don't get the ideal that is one is SWAT or SWAT trained that they can shoot better then anyone else. That isn't the case. I was chosen to do the initial rifle training for our newly formed SWAT team. As much as I fought it, they decided to go the full auto, multi round magazines instead of learning to shoot.

If I sound cynical, its because I am, this has been a pet peeve of mine since the late 70s when I got involved in LE Firearm instruction.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries