View Single Post
Old August 26, 2011, 11:38 AM   #90
zukiphile

Bill, you and I had this conversation a few years ago, and it took me a couple of posts to get you to flesh out what you meant. I think you confuse people when you write something like "Springs are springs", implying that all springs are the same.

You don't believe that all springs are the same or that different applications might not have them deteriorating differently, as idicated by the bolded language below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
My position has not changed- Properly manufactured and designed high carbon steel springs should not "get weak" unless they are stressed beyond their elastic limit, are rusted, or are over heated. My contention is that cycling work hardens springs, causing them to break, not get weaker. Some gun designs obviously over stress springs.
What makes you position problemmatic is that you don't state the limits of your assertion when you start this argument with people, and argue about springs and applications that you do not know are within your subsequently stated limits.

People in these threads have not been discussing leaf springs in your hand-made folding knives. That seem painless enough to ackowledge.

Page generated in 0.03437 seconds with 8 queries