View Single Post
Old October 30, 2008, 12:48 AM   #51
Inspector3711

Google "the cholestoral myth" sometime. The medical community is now learning that depriving your body of it causes your body to manufacture excessive quantities of it. This causes health problems. In fact, it is now known that plaque in the arteries can be reversed by reducing the amount of insulin your body releases from eating too many carbs combined with fatty foods.

What the doctors are learning now is that 60-80% of the fat and cholestoral that you eat aren't even absorbed into your blood stream. They simply pass through and actually help digestion. I've been a subscriber to the low fat idea for years but couldn't seem to get the weight off. I was diagnosed with high blood sugar (TY2 diabetes), high cholesteral, and high blood pressure last October. My doc put me on a low carb high fat and cholesteral diet and within two months my blood sugar was normal, my blood cholesteral was at the low end of normal, and my blood pressure went from 185/97 to 135/85. I also lost 40 pounds in the first 4 months.

I though my doctor was nuts when he said to grill up a steak, melt cheese on it, and pour bacon grease over the top if you like! I didn't try that recipe, but he was right. Meat, cheese, veggies, nut, but limited amounts of milk (milks has carbs but cheese has very few) and fruit. I eat high fiber cereals for breakfast and stay away from carbs at night when they are less likely to be used before turing into body fat.

It all has to do with digestion in the beginning. Which disolves easier, bread and crackers or meat and fat? Your body will use the one that's easiest first. Most of the fat and cholesteral take so long to digest that they pass through before being absorbed.

One day a week I eat whatever I want. Oh, I'm no longer diabetic.

Eat the heart! Just lay off the biscuits! Fat good, Fat + excessive carbs bad.

We are meat eaters and always have been. Grain has not always been in our diets and has never been in the quantities that most people consume today.

BTW I'm on a diet called Protein Power, you can google it too. BTW, high protein diets are bad long term (cancer risk goes way up), in my case I'm eating a little more protein and very few carbs, sometimes less than 10 grams in a meal, but alot of veggies instead of pasta or bread.

There, I'm now off my soap box.

I was induced into taking a bite of a raw deer heart on a hunt when I was in high school. I was told it was family tradition. I was gullible enough to believe them. Not a tasty treat, but they sure enjoyed it! Now, please cook it first!

Page generated in 0.03728 seconds with 8 queries