View Single Post
Old December 30, 2004, 02:03 AM   #2
Benton

This forum has handled suppressor discussions in the past, so I'm guessing it is still appropriate to field your questions here.

I have only shot the AAC Phoenix, the Ruger MKII integral suppressor pistol. It is marvelously quiet with all the varieties of ammunition I've used in it. From what I've read about the Firefly, the two models are close in their level of report. Small Arms Review has had articles focused on both models and commented favorably on them. The Firefly is appealing to me in that it seems easier to clean the breech area than in the Ruger. Also the design looks like it would allow more of the crud to blow out before it has a chance to build up as it does in the Ruger.

You can buy newly manufactured silencers in most states, but some places are easier to get transfers than others.

One last thought for you to consider - I bought my own SWR manufactured Ruger integral as my first silencer. It is as fine a weapon as the AAC guns, quiet and nicely finished. Since then I've also acquired an AAC Scarab screw on suppressor. If I had it to do over again, I'd just get the muzzle can. It offers plenty of decibel reduction at less cost and you can move it around to any threaded .22 barrel.

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries