View Single Post
Old January 18, 2019, 01:22 PM   #107
Metal god

Quote:
I still don't see what is so complicated about setting a die.
Nothing is really but this thread is not about setting up your die specifically . It's about setting up the die in your press in such a way it overly stresses the press to possible failure .

What the issue is IMHO is guys not staying true to the context of the thread . I said it before that this discussion seems just like the cleaning your firearm threads you see . " Cleaning your firearm can damage it ! " NO it can't "if" done correctly" Sure if you want to take things out of context then yeah cleaning your guns damages them . It seems at times when responding to something we can stray from what's actually being asked or stated .

So yeah all things break and all things need fixing , but lets dive a little deeper now . How many thousands of Rockchucker single stage presses have been sold ? How many of those are still out there working just as well as they did when new ? Seeing how the internet points out how bad everything is . How many Rockchucker presses have we all read about breaking in half ??? Now how many have we heard about as being one of the best presses and most sturdy . Also likely the most recommended single stage press to buy .

You don't get that reputation if simple cam over is snapping your presses in half . We would be hearing by now how presses that never cam over last longer then those that do . There is enough people out there using these presses as well as enough trolls out there that "if" cam over was really hurting presses there would be clear evidence of it .

Yet we still seem to except posters taking things out of context in there reply's . Of course if you OVERLY stress or ABUSE something regardless of how it's made it has a greater chance of failing . Again are we taking these things out of context . Does camming over put more stress/load on the press then if the shell holder and die barely touch with no cam over ? Almost certainly but does camming over as instructed OVERY stress the press to likely failure or reduce the life of the press ? Almost certainly not or we'd already know it . Reloading presses are not something new that we just don't have enough info on .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02345 seconds with 8 queries