View Single Post
Old December 19, 2018, 04:09 PM   #26
ms6852

Once I retired from the military in 1996 I got back into purchasing ammo every pay period. I make it a purpose to keep my lot of firearms in certain caliber to minimize the variety. I would buy 30-06 30/30, 357,45acp, and 22lr, and 22mag. Did this for years when I would be stationed close to home and afterwards. Because of this I still have 30-06 ammo priced at 8.99 for 06, and 5.99 for 30/30. Also I have all the brass cases fired for when I started to reload.

What I learned in the last ten years is that there will always be snakes amongst our crowds and those that will do anything for a profit at the cost of others. I mean ammo going especially 22lr, 22 mag, and 5.56 get marked up 300%. I was lucky that I never bought any ammo at those prices because my inventory kept me shooting without interruption , and I would help out a father with their child at the range on occasion by providing them with 22 ammo at no charge so that the child could continue to shoot, even offering my 22 rifles. Great way to make new friends.

I learned in the last 10 years that the new generations growing up that they place no value on life. It is very evident as mass shooting are becoming the norm for this younger generations and than they want us to take the blame because of guns, when in reality they are to blame for all the bullying they do while hiding behind the internet.
As a student in my time it was not a big deal for me to take my rifle to school so that we could go hunting after school for rabbits and such.

I have learned that things are good in the shooting world but it will not last for long because Trump will not be in office for ever so prepare for another Obama drought.

But most importantly I have learned that as I am aging that my shooting needs are going to change. I will no longer be needing all the firearms I posses as I will continue to enjoy my shooting by challenging myself to push the limits of the 22lr in long distance shooting which for me will be fun.

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 8 queries