Thread: Rifle hard case
View Single Post
Old August 14, 2018, 05:49 AM   #2
DPI7800

Don’t have a suggestion for inexpensive hard cases, I use Pelican so no help there.

But I will say go with the custom fit (you cut it out) vs. pluck and fit or the egg crate (cone shape). The pluck will start to pull apart everywhere after a while causing a loose fit for your firearm. The egg crate can also allow some slippage under hard use.

You can always get new foam for the case to cut and shape for other firearms. If you go to a local upholstery store you can get the foam for about $25-$35. Or you can pay the higher price by ordering the exact same product as a replacement part from the hard case manufacturer.

I understand everyone has a different budget, I have one friend who only buys AI rifles and another that will only buy Ruger American because that is what their budgets allow.

Whatever your budget is I say you need to determine what level of protection do you need for you firearm. Is it just to go from home to the range, home to hunt camp, rattle around in back of truck for 1 1/2 hours from hunt camp to honey hole or to suffer the tortures of baggage handlers at the airport.

Page generated in 0.01947 seconds with 8 queries