View Single Post
Old July 4, 2006, 11:37 PM   #24
5whiskey

banditto posted this...

Quote:
those guys in the bank robbery w/ armor were indeed on drugs

i forget which one they were on, it was something i hadn't heard of before but needless to say it took away all pain.

those guys legs were shot to crap and they kept going.

I know several people were hit in that incident but i do not beleive anyone died.
Moral of the story... one more time... you can't carry a rifle that will penetrate body armor because, well, the american public would freak out if they saw you walk around the mall with an AR. Any pistol round designed to defeat body armor is illegal, and would not work half as well as JHP the 95% of the time the BG DOES NOT have body armor.

Now, exhibit A. Banditto's post was refering to the bank robbers who shot it out in hollywood. I think one of those guys was shot something like 29 times THAT PENETRATED. He still kept kicking. There are some people that refuse to go down, and I will be the first to say that a few hits to body armor will not always render everyone physically unable to go on. There are some shootings in which BG without armor is hit multiple times and is still physically able to go on. My argument is that theres no need for anyone here to try and obtain the means to penetrate body armor because it is ILLEGAL.

With the only option left being to carry as you normally would in the first place. Now we have gotten a few good nuggets of wisdom out of this thread, least I think, for I think that a groin shot or 5 would be a pretty good idea if you hit COM several times and the BG still keeps coming. Head shot is also a viable option if you're close enough to be able to hit that target under duress.

Just my .02

Page generated in 0.03802 seconds with 8 queries