View Single Post
Old September 7, 2017, 09:22 PM   #41
turkeestalker

Quote:
I don't need a semi auto to be hyper accurate, I need it to work, and in my experience, the Mini runs ammo that will choke an AR, and runs it like a sewing machine!
Also well said.

Not sure why so many people gripe about the magazines.
They're not AR magazines, if you try to manipulate them like you do an AR magazine it's not going work out well, understandably.
It really is apples to oranges.
Handle them the way that they're meant to be handled and they work fine.

I always like the look of the Minis, but just never took the plunge until early 2015.
Paid twice what it went for new at $525 for a stainless 188 series in a Butler Creek folder.
The shop threw in a wood stock out of the back room and the factory scope rings he had in the case.
I was completely satisfied with the deal, but not the accuracy.
Lopped the barrel down to 16.5 and crowned it myself, added stabilizer strut to the barrel and viola!
Considerable improvement in accuracy and my satisfaction.

Liked it so much that in 2016 I found a 580 series synthetic Mini 30 in pristine condition with the box and gladly paid $600 without wincing.
Bought a wood stock for a Mini 14 and did the fitting.

You just can't beat the aesthetics and handling of a Mini in wood furniture for me.

I have purchased ARs in .223 for both of my sons, but none for myself and
I honestly don't feel the need to.
I do own one of the Windham .308s in the wood furniture, but just don't find it as much fun to play with, and honestly though it is beautiful it is still not as nice to look at to me!

Guess that makes me a Mini guy.

Page generated in 0.03522 seconds with 8 queries