View Single Post
Old July 30, 2001, 10:23 PM   #8
Nevada Fitch

The BLRs are fine rifles I have been using them for years along with several friends and relatives. I have never seen any extraction problems with any of them. It is true I had one in 358win in the pre 81 model with the rounded clip. The clip is not designed right for 358win cal. but works fine with 308s. The best rifle of the bunch is in my opinion the 81 model with the flat bottomed clips but before they come out with the fold down hammers. However I have a friend that has a 81 model with the fold down hammer and is very happy with his. I own an 81 model without the fold down hammer. MY brother in law has the pre-81 model with the rounded clip and is happy with his but I had a 358win in the pre-81 model once and that is why I know about the feeding problems with the 358 in that model and It is not the only one that has had this problem. However I beleive that the 81 model would be fine in 358. The model 81 clip design change was an improvement over the pre-81 models. I do not have any real experience with the new Lightening models to comment other than the fact that I prefer the older models better because they are all steel and I like the way they handle better, but that is just my personal opinion.

Page generated in 0.03647 seconds with 8 queries