View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 10:21 PM   #9
redneck

The change caught me by surprise. At first, I was kind of mad because they did away with the 2nd weekend of gun hunting in december so technically we lost 2 days of gun hunting for bucks. I always see the most deer bow hunting in october, but I hunt over a beanfield most of the time and can't always get into bow range, so having a short chance with a gun is a nice opportunity.

I don't understand why its an antlerless only hunt but I'll take what I can get. It seems like ODNR is never really happy with the number of deer taken but they never let you hunt with anything but a bow during the rut. And gun season is so short that everybody goes out in a panic and the deer are hunkered down and never moving by the 3rd day. With the annual bag limits we have, I really don't even think the diffferent seasons are necessary. 5 deer is 5 deer whether you use a gun for a week or a month. But now I'm just ranting, the new season is a move in the right direction and it got me a deer I wouldn't have gotten with my bow.

As for people knowing the regs changed, thats a good question. I'm going to say that folks who didn't want to take advantage of the muzzle loader season, didn't pay any attention to it changing the rules for everything else this weekend. I do remember reading the rule posted by bowhunter, but if I had been bowhunting I'm not sure that I would have thought to wear orange, or let bucks walk when I went out unless I had read the regs that day.

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 8 queries