View Single Post
Old March 15, 2013, 03:40 PM   #8
Sevens

The described RG and 1911 tests are interesting. However, Jim March wrote in the original post:
Quote:
An S&W factory 9mm snubby with a 2" barrel will produce 9mm bullet velocities on par with a good 4" barrel semi-auto like the Glock 19
Please explain this quoted text which appears to fly directly in the face of everything we know to typically be true?

Are you saying that this free-bore section of the cylinder allows for this, and it not only makes this happen, but it erases the loss of the cylinder gap -AND- it doesn't account for the known slight up-tick in velocity that you may often see from an OEM Glock barrel that is polygonally rifled?

Is this simply data from a single Smith & Wesson 9mm chambered snub revolver compared to general quoted stats from Glock 19 pistols?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the claimed velocity advantage of 9mm in a snubbie revolver -- because it doesn't jive with all the "conventional" velocity arguments from handguns.

Page generated in 0.02915 seconds with 8 queries