View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 08:30 PM   #106
Stressfire

Quote:
I believe that we must have a dialogue and bring parties from all sides to the table. I know my friends at the NRA and those who support our Second Amendment rights will participate because I know that their hearts are aching for the families in Newtown, just like all Americans.

To have a productive dialogue, we also need to address a number of critical issues, including our mental health system, safety in our schools and a media and entertainment culture that glorifies unspeakable violence.
Sounds like a good idea. I'd also like to know what concessions will be coming from the antis. So far it's always been us giving up something.

Forget Lawdog's analogies about cake - making deals with these people is like dealing with the mob (the TV mob, I'm really not sure how the real one works). You can pay up or get your legs broken. Still don't want to pay up? Say goodbye to the use of your hands. So now you give them what they want and they leave you alone for awhile - too bad you're now crippled.

Yes, let's be reasonable

Page generated in 0.02272 seconds with 8 queries